One of the goals of the Aqsa Mothers' Club goals over the years was always to try to get the parents and the community at large involved with the schools events and activities. Parents' help is always needed and appreciated. The parents are more than welcome to lend a hand with our events.
To be a voting member and to get the MC meetings’ minutes, there is a $5.00 donation.
If a mother is unable to attend the scheduled morning or the night time meetings but would still like to be kept informed on mothers club projects and events, she can become an honorary member.
- $5.00 donation
- To be a part of the voting process
- To get MC minutes and updates via email.
Please feel free to submit any comments you might have
the benefits of parent involvement: what research has to say
According to Henderson and Berla (1994), "the most accurate predictor of a student's achievement in school is not income or social status but the extent to which that student's family is able to:
- Create a home environment that encourages learning
- Express high (but not unrealistic) expectations for their children's achievement and future careers
- Become involved in their children's education at school and in the community (p. 160)
To read the full article, please go to click here